Fitness-for-service (FFS) is a multi-disciplinary engineering approach used to determine if equipment or a structure is fit to continue operation. We offer quick responses in emergency situations to provide clients with solutions and peace of mind.
Deacon Engineers have diverse experience in equipment design, manufacturing and the application of specialist analytical tools. Primarily this ensures we provide safe, fit-for-purpose and sustainable solutions. Some equipment may have excessive corrosion, propagating fatigue cracks or contain flaws. Alternatively others may have sustained damage, or have aged over time. As a result it may not be possible to evaluate by use of the original construction codes. Moreover our engineers provide solutions to our clients that enable them to continue the safe operation of their plant. Importantly we help them to determine the safety and integrity of their equipment and explore options for the extension of life where ever possible.
At Deacon Engineers we are able to provide the following services:
- Carry out onsite inspection and collect data related to the materials, products, structures or components that failed.
- Use strain gauging for the determination of actual in-service stresses.
- Have AICIP qualified inspectors to undertake pressure equipment inspections.
- Undertake FFS assessments to API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 and BS 7910.
- Provide FEA services utilising ANSYS and Abaqus.
- Provide fatigue analysis using fe-safe™ and Verity™
- Conduct fracture analysis using Abaqus software, including 3D crack growth modelling.
- Conduct precision 3D laser scanning of deformed surfaces and take the point cloud data into other programs for investigation.
- Provide staff trained to work on site both at heights, and in confined spaces.
In conclusion, should you wish to have a more comprehensive look into the Fitness For Service applications we can offer you, please view our Fitness for Service capability statement by clicking the button below.