Finite element analysis (FEA) has become common, and is now the basis and expectance for most engineering designs.
Numerical solutions to complicated problems are readily obtained using FEA. This increases our understanding of a machine or structure’s behavior, strength, and durability. Our FEA services utilize ANSYS, Abaqus, Strand7, Multiframe and SPACE GASS software. These programs include many industry expected analyses functions such as:
- Linear and non-linear static stress analysis
- Plastic, hyperelastic, and composite modelling
- Impact analysis and other explicit solutions
- Buckling and modal analysis
- Spectrum and harmonic response, and transient dynamic analysis
- Steady-state and transient thermal analysis
- Post processing of results for fracture, crack growth, fatigue, and fitness-for-service acceptance
- Design optimisation
- Built-in structural code checking
Why should you use Deacon Engineers for your next Finite Element Analysis (FEA) project?
Deacon Engineers understands the importance of FEA. Therefore we recognize that the accuracy of any modelling and solutions is fundamentally important. However, we know that this is reliant upon the experience and knowledge of the analyst. We are fortunate to have years of practical design and manufacturing experience. When combined with our extensive use of FEA, this enable us to provide unique pragmatic solutions. In addition to this, we are set apart from our peers because we have the ability of combining multiple skills sets. As a result we obtain a higher benchmark of reliable and accurate results. For instance, some of the areas in which we have achieved this include:
- Validation of FEA results using Deacon Engineer’s strain gauging and vibration analysis capabilities. Validation increases our confidence in the results and mitigates risk due to errors or unapparent loads.
- The coupling of FEA with fluid and/or particle solvers allows for loading predictions from complex flows which is important in assessing bulk handling machinery, chutes, and mills. By using these additional tools, confidence is established and increased that real loadings have been considered and that equipment has not been under or over designed.
- In addition to accurate loadings, Deacon Engineers have recently expanded their capabilities to include integration of FEA tools with 3D Laser scanning tools to perform FEA on real geometry. Often analysts will generate geometry from CAD models or drawings. However, these often represent an ideal, perfect geometry. We know this is seldom the case. Our experience tells us, that in some instances that assumption is critical. As the image below illustrates, performing FEA on real geometry is at times very necessary to reach a satisfactory level of confidence.